This time of year is always challenging financially for the ministry. We are still a couple months out from our year-end donation drive and these are some of the most expensive months on the calendar:
- All of our fall outreaches are being launched, requiring materials, food, transportation, increased staffing, etc. The costs of which easily extend beyond an additional $15,000.
- You may not realize it, but our Toy Store ministry has to purchase 60% of the toys we sell and that outlay happens over September and October, adding $10,000 in expenditures.
- This year we have an amazing opportunity to send staff, volunteers and neighborhood friends to the amazing Christian Community Development Conference (CCDA) for education and encouragement. But many cannot afford the $209 registration fee so we are helping with scholarships which may total an additional $3,500.
- We are in the process of preparing Bearwater Park for phase II construction. Even though we have some grant funds for the actual home construction the prep work and engineering plans are in process to the tune of at least $7,000.
- Finally, we were blessed with a partial grant to fund the purchase of a ministry van! However, there was $2,400 still to be covered.
We know with the downturn in the market, it isn’t the best time to ask, but if you happen to have the capability of giving a gift to the ministry – the timing couldn’t be better for us. If you would like to address a specific ministry area, let us know. You can write checks out to Oasis of Hope and mail to 8500 Walnut Grove Rd, Cordova TN 38018 (or place in the offering bucket at Hope Church); or you can donate online.
Thank you again for your interest, prayers and support of Oasis of Hope!
Director, Oasis of Hope