We are hiring a Ministry Director!
Following are the details of the job. If you are interested or know someone who is, please contact Terry Hoff, our Executive Director with your resume (contact information below). For our prayer warriors, please be in faithful prayer about bringing on the person God knows is the perfect fit! Details are:
Department/Ministry: Oasis of Hope
Job Title: Ministry Director
Reports to: Executive Director of Oasis of Hope
Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
Type of Position: Full-Time
General Description: This position will be an essential part of Oasis of Hope with the overall responsibility to: Oversee the ministries coordinated by the staff, including ministry direction, evaluation, and staff/volunteer relations; with an emphasis on making disciples. In addition, adult outreach will be a main responsibility (discipleship, life/skills, connection with Hope City Church).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Love and be a follower of Jesus Christ
- Adhere to the Core Values and ministry philosophy of Oasis of Hope
- Be a Servant Leader – the main responsibility is to serve the staff so they can succeed
- Provide leadership to the staff, in area of ministry impact, making sure our energy/resources are utilized to their potential
- Conduct program evaluations (in conjunction with the responsible staff person), offering suggestions for improvement and assisting them in making the necessary changes
- Lead weekly staff meetings (in partnership with Executive Director), providing Biblical motivation and making sure staff are on the same page and ministry calendar
- Run ministry outreaches for adults in the community, including discipleship & life-skills
- Correspond and work with various departments of Hope Church & Hope City Church
- Respond clearly and promptly to all calls and emails
- Organize and prioritize work flow
- Have a “whatever it takes” attitude and a passion for urban ministry
Skills and experience requirements:
- Have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word).
- Strong written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, handle multiple tasks, and reassess priorities as necessary.
- Energetic, exceptional organizational skills and a positive outlook.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred. Minimum of 5 years of related experience. . Church ministry experience is preferred.
- Participate in weekend ministry assignments, as needed
- Compile/maintain basic ministry schedule/calendar from all departments
- Have a working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and post as assigned
- Others duties as necessary
To Apply: Send a resume & references to: Terry Hoff, Executive Director, email@example.com, 901/438-6600, fax 901/527-0053; 8500 Walnut Grove Road, Memphis, TN 38018.
Download a PDF of the job description: Oasis of Hope Ministry Director 2017 3