If you are interested in pursuing a position in urban ministry, we are in need of adding an Assistant Youth Director to our team! Following is the detailed job description. Please contact Pastor Brandis if you are interested in applying.
Job Title: Assistant Youth Developer
Type of Position: Part-Time (24 hours a week)
Reports to: Ministry Director/Lead Youth Developer
Salary Range: $12.00 per hour
The Assistant Youth Developer is responsible for supporting the coordinating and implementation of the daily/weekly program structure of the Oasis of Hope Community Outreach initiatives for youth and young adults in our inner-city neighborhood of North Memphis.
Duties and Responsibilities (Daily duties include but are not limited to what’s listed below):
• Provide spiritual leadership, mentorship and guidance to area youth and their families
• Maintain a relational philosophy of urban ministry consistent with Oasis of Hope
• Learn and adhere to the core values of Hope Presbyterian Church
• Coordinate and implement a weekly after-school program
• Coordinate and implement mentorship programs for neighborhood youth
• Have a “Whatever It Takes” attitude and passion for youth ministry
• Respond to communications promptly with supervisors, youth, and volunteers
• Support and nurture positive relationships with other community organizations, existing and new church partners, para church ministries, neighborhood schools, etc.
• Assist in the recruitment, training, equipping, and encouragement of volunteers
• Build relationships with neighborhood youth and be intentional about furthering the Gospel of Christ through weekly school visits, attending school events, sporting events, home visits, etc.
• Research and implement cutting edge and diverse urban youth activities and programs
• Attend meetings, trainings, and conferences
• Maintain site cleanliness and maximize use of equipment, supplies, and resources
Additional Duties and Responsibilities (Duties considered non-daily but based on request and need):
• Evening and weekend ministry assignments w/ Hope City Church and Hope Church
• Encourage youth participants and their families to attend/visit Hope City Church
• Attend, support, and volunteer (at) community events
Requirements, Skills, and Abilities:
• Love and be a follower of Jesus Christ
• Have a humble, teachable, servant heart
• Be a student of God’s Word and passionate about sharing and teaching it to others
• Effectively communicate the Gospel in a real and relevant way to inner-city youth and others
• Proficient in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, etc. and Social Media platforms
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal
• Innovative leadership and mentoring skills
• Well-versed in current youth issues
Experience and Education:
• 1-2 years urban youth leadership experience with a reputable organization
• Completion of high school, collegiate experience preferred
For questions or more information, Please contact Pastor Brandis.