Many families in our Oasis neighborhood struggle on daily basis to put food on the table, let alone a feast of Thanksgiving over the holiday. However, a complete Feast Box including the turkey and ALL the fixings for just $7 provides a great meal to celebrate what God has given us. It also provides the dignity of purchasing the meal for their family, along with the joy of getting an unbelievable deal. Empowerment and blessing are the goal and your participation helps us spread the joy of the season to as many families as possible.
What does this look like and how does this work?
1. Volunteers donate the following food items & bring them to Hope Church Nov. 7-22 (drop off donations in the marked carts at Hope Church or just leave them behind your car while you attend services):
– Turkey (frozen, 10-12 lbs)
– Canned green beans
– Canned peas
– Canned corn
– Canned yams
– Boxed instant potatoes
– Cranberry sauce
– Cake mix
– Vanilla Frosting
2. North Memphis residents order their complete Thanksgiving baskets by turning in their order forms and $7 to one of our North Memphis ministry offices. Local residents within the community help to organize, collect, and distribute the baskets.
3. Volunteers can help collect, sort, and package items on the following days. If you would like to volunteer for this, please call 901-201-4104 or email Megan. We will be collecting and, sorting, and boxing up meals on the below dates and could use your help!!
Saturday, November 7, 14 & 21 – 5:15 to 6:45 pm- collecting and sorting
Sunday, November 8 & 15 – 8:00 am-9:15 am / 9:15 am- 10:45 am / 10:45 am- 12:30 pm
Sunday, Stirring Services – November 8, 15 & 22- 5:15 pm- 6:45 pm- Collecting and sorting
Tuesday, November 17 - 6:00 pm- 7:30 pm- pre-packing boxes
Sunday, November, 22 – 8:00 am- 1:00 pm- collecting, sorting, packing, and distributing to ministries.
We could also use a couple of SUVs or trucks to help collect from the outside parking lot.
4. Volunteers and Oasis staff distribute complete baskets in North Memphis for pick up on Monday, November 23rd.