Hope has an exciting new opportunity to help impact our city and world for Christ! Maybe you’ve wanted to increase your involvement in Missions at Hope; but timing, money, logistics, safety or cultural barriers have prevented it? Here’s your chance to help raise funds for things like: sending missions trips overseas, or increasing urban discipleship, or providing development funds for the neighborhood around Oasis of Hope.
Through a slightly upscale thrift store business model (near the church), Hope has seen other churches raise hundreds of thousands of dollars for missions.
BUT THE KEY IS YOU!
This will never work without the generous giving of our Hope Church body:
1. Donating your gently used furniture, kitchen wares, clothes, appliances, toys, decorations, etc. Please no junk that you just need out of your attic though. From your closet to ours, clothing should be washed, no stains and on hangers.
2. Donating your time will to help run the store. Without 150+ regular volunteers the store will not be able to operate efficiently and effectively.
We need your commitment to move forward with this venture. We’d like to open in March 2013. Please email us to show your support and how we can count on you. Involvement options are as follows (all skill levels welcome!!):
– Yes, I can donate my gently used items to the thrift store. I will bring my donations to the church or store unless physically impossible. A tax donation will be issued.
We need things like gently used furniture, lamps, art work, decor items, kitchenware (pots, pans, dishes, glassware, utensils, appliances), bedding and towels, in season clothing (children’s, teens & young adults)
Drop off your items at the Hope Again trailer in Hope’s South parking lot M-Th from 9-4p and during all worship hours on the weekend (tax forms are available at the trailer)
- Yes, I can volunteer time at the store. The best times for me are (indicate Mon / Tues / Wed / Thurs / Fri / Sat / Sun; mornings / evenings / afternoons). There will be flexible time options, including Saturdays.
– Areas that interest me are:
Store Set-up (construction, painting, decorating)
Floor Help/Customer Service
Pick-Up and Delivery/Warehouse
List Retail Experience _____________________________________ (We especially need volunteers with retail experience)
For more information or to donate items, call Hope Again at 901-507-1950, or email Terrice.