We at Oasis are very excited to announce a new outreach of our parent church, Hope Presbyterian, that has the potential to be used of the Lord to radically impact the lives of people in our community at a much deeper level. From our perspective, Oasis does a good job at touching lives, sharing the gospel and meeting practical/tangible needs of people in our area of North Memphis.
However, we are painfully aware of the need for deeper discipleship in the lives of our families that is best accomplished through a community church. Hope’s leadership has a passion to make a significant spiritual impact in the lives of the families we know, and many we haven’t met yet. After 13 years of investment, the time seems right for the Lord to work in a new way in our neighborhood. We are so thankful for Pastors Rufus, Craig and Eli for their support all these years and for their commitment to bringing real transformation to our neighborhood. Check out Pastor Eli’s sermon addressing this issue from 11/16/2014.
We’d love to surround this movement in prayer. Will you join us in praying for the following:
1. A full-time lead pastor and a bi-vocational assistant pastor or music leader
2. A strategic building in which to gather for worship and an outpost for service
3. 10-12 person church development planning team as well as other Hope Church volunteers
4. Continued favor from residents, businesses, schools, other pastors and stakeholders
5. That many will become Jesus-followers and that God’s name would be glorified/praised
6. Protection from evil and the evil one
7. Future indigenous neighborhood leaders
Please join us in support of this life-changing effort to engage the unchurched neighbors in our community to experience Jesus in a dramatically deeper way. If you would like to support the church financially please designate “Urban Church Investment” in the memo, and you can either donate online, or write checks to Hope Church, and mail to 8500 Walnut Grove Rd, Cordova TN 38018.
Don’t give glory to us, O Lord. Don’t give glory to us. Instead, give glory to your name because of your mercy and faithfulness. –Psalm 115:1 (GW)